Thursday 16 June 2011

What do you really need from me?

I am often surprised by how many questions I have to ask before I get a proper answer to a simple question.

I recall asking a prospective client a fairly straightforward question i.e. how long have you been doing it that way? I found myself listening to him for a full 45 minutes, but I still really didn’t get an answer.

What I was trying to establish was what he considered to be his main or real problem and what level of budget was required to fix it.

Eventually, he somewhat reluctantly allowed me to know that one of his biggest clients had been lost and the firm needed to replace him quickly. Well as we all know, there aren’t too many ‘quick wins’ out there.

Almost without thinking our focus was put onto the firms other clients. After all, they have already bought from us, know and trust us.

But how do you boost your turnover with an existing client?

You go talk to them.

 As Woody Allen once said “just turning up is 90 % of selling”

So we started to contact them. What do you think a good proportion of them said?

“We thought you had forgotten us”!

So never forget a customer and never let a customer forget you!

If you need some help you know a man who can!

No comments:

Post a Comment