Friday 15 July 2011

IS SOMEONE MEASURING YOU UP?

You never know when someone is taking your measure.

I have just had a meeting cancelled at the very last minute. Bugger!

As we all know it's especially gauling when we have prepared thoroughly, have put people off from making an appointments with us and when you have gone out of your way to be at the meeting point on time. Bugger.

Well what’s this got to do with contacts, prospects or clients taking our measure.

Because, that’s what this prospect is doing, I think. He’s checking me out to establish how keen I am to get his business, whether he can rely on me regardless of setbacks, if I am willing or capable of sticking to the task once commissioned or am I merely a patient person!

It can feel uncomfortable, problematic or even threatening when you realise people are taking our measure or checking us out.

If we are able, committed and professional we have nothing to fear

So OK our meeting didn’t take place, nothing has moved forward and I have wasted a fair amount of time on the matter.

But I know my prospect needs help, he’s under pressure to get things moving to bring in new concepts, initiatives and he’s being pulled from pillar to post.

So he needs me.

So OK I’ll ring him next week as requested.

Maybe that will give me an opportunity to take his measure!

If you need to know more, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment