Tuesday 1 May 2012

Call me back, pleeeaaase!

I don’t know about you but I use the telephone a lot, particularly my bright shiny new smart phone. Which I readily admit is a lot smarter than me i.e. it runs bills up that I‘m not even aware of!


So the telephone is a fundamental and irreplaceable resource to me.


If you’re anything like me you have to initiate a lot of telephone calls for all kinds of reasons. Not surprisingly a lot of my calls are associated with marketing/sale in some form or other; and yes I don’t get through to folk all the time. Which is OK because we are all busy people aren’t we? 


But you know some people are so busy they never return my calls. 


Why not?


Well I don’t really know, but I do suspect that these people are missing out a lot of the time, or as my American friends would say “they are just leaving money on the table”.


How’s that?


Well, if they did return our calls they may benefit significantly. Let’s say that the person calling:
  • Could be your very next client! 
  • Was wishing to refer you to your very next client
  • Could have a significant influence in one or more of you most important areas e.g. industry, sector, region or client; or even in some other way that if you ignore them, it could prove not to be a good thing for your reputation or business profits. 
  • Could know someone or something that you need to know to help you grow your business; make it more profitable or sustainable.
So don’t just assume its someone trying to sell you something (and strangely enough that could even be to your advantage) they may actually be wanting to do you a good turn!


Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment