Thursday 1 September 2011

AND THAT’S GOING TO COST ME HOW MUCH?


Have you ever been asked to justify your bid, fee or other charges? It can feel very uncomfortable at times. I had a particularly difficult experience recently.

We put a proposal forward to deliver a sales training programme  designed to help solicitors working within a property team to improve their ‘sales’ effectiveness!

I was pre warned that this would be no easy task because every member of the team thought they were above such things, knew it anyway or were just indifferent to it.

As the weeks unfolded that certainly proved to be the case, however, whilst we got off to a very slow and difficult start the group started to buy into things and eventually the value of what we were doing came through in spades.

When I was originally asked to justify the cost of the programme I wished I had more statistics available, these subsequently came into my possession. A member of the group dropped me an email after completing the programme. Within one month of completion he had secured three new clients, had obtained five referrals and billed an extra 37k of fees. So what had been the value of his having come on the programme?

Well it depends on how you try to measure it. For me it was good enough to know that my once sceptical client has booked us to do a follow up session in six months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment